Circuit Board Design and Assembly
At PED, we work from your design schematics to produce circuit board layout files. Additionally, we source the required materials and assemble and install your finished boards. Our Surface Mount Technology (SMT) line of equipment is used to screen-print solder paste to circuit boards, robotically install all components and complete the process in a solder reflow oven.
- Maximum placement area: 350mm x 435mm
- Minimum Component Size: 0.4mm x 0.2mm
- Blackhawk fully automated 5-axis CMM. 800mm x 600mm x 500mm work envelope
- Full compliment of hand held Mitutoyo measuring tools,thread ring & plug gauges, gauge blocks & pins
- VIA Boeckler Video measurement system
- Meiji EMZ-TR microscope
- Gaertner measuring microscope c/w microscope measuring scales
We machine a wide variety of materials – from plastic and wood to the hardest of metals.
Vertical Machining Centres (VMC)
- Hitachi Seiki VS40 VMC 30 tools 600mm x 450mm x 450mm work envelope 12,000 RPM
- Hitachi Seiki VS50 VMC 30 tools 1000mm x 510mm x 450mm work envelope 12,000 RPM
- Doosan 3016 VMC 4-Axis 20 tools 760mm x 410mm x 450mm work envelope 8,000 RPM
- Takamaz 8-axis dual spindle lathe up to 24 live tool c/w 3m bar feeder 42mm maximum bar dia. 190mm dia x 395mm one side work envelope 5,000 RPM
- Doosan Daewoo Puma 240MA up to 12 live tools 350mm x 439mm work envelope 6,000 RPM
- Hyundai HiT20 up to 12 live tools 450mm x 450mm work envelope 6,000 RPM
- Takahashi Precision CNC Lathe. 12 tools 100mm x 200mm work envelope 6,000 RPM
- Manual Graziano Lathe
Wire Electrical Discharge Machine (WEDM)
- FA10S Advance Mitsubishi 5-Axis 330mm x 250mm x 200mm work envelope
- ED 2000M Mitsubishi small-hole EDM Drill 300mm x 200mm x 345mm work envelope
- Universal CO2 Laser 30watt 600mm x 305mm x 200mm work envelope
- We are able to laser cut a wide variety of materials including: Wood, plastics (abs, acrylic, delrin, acetal, and poly), leather, paper, foam, rubber and cork.
In addition, engraving can be undertaken on all the above mentioned materials, including stainless steel and anodized aluminum.
- 250mm Horizontal Bandsaw
- Meistergram rotary engraver 225mm x 300mm work envelope
- Ultrasonic cleaner
- Heat treating oven 300mm x 200mm x 600mm work envelope
- High pressure test station c/w video recording, data acquisition and automatic report generation. Maximum pressure 2750 bar (40,000 psi). Containment chamber 50cm x 60cm x 30cm. Typical tests are for custom hydraulic and pneumatic fittings.